Namibia Primier League
The Namibia Premier League (NPL) was founded in 1990 as a non-profit making organization governed by a constitution.In 1992 the NPL became an affiliate of the Namibia Football Association. A Board of Governors (BoG) oversees the overall policy activities of the NPL with the guidance of the Management Committee which in turn oversees the work of the NPL Administrative Office. Until Season 2007/08, NPL benefited from funds from three organisations namely; First National Bank (FNB), Mobile Telecommunications LTD (MTC) and Namibian Breweries Limited (NBL) famously known as "The Football Consortium". Season 2007/08 was historic;
- NPL got its first Media Officer and also published its first ever publication "NAMIBIA PREMIER LEAGUE ANNUAL REPORT REVIEW 2007/09".
- Mr Hendrick Dawids, became the Chairman.
- The twelve (12) clubs expressed themselves on the pitches with great crowd. Orlando Pirates FC scooped the season 2007/08 title.
- NPL secured granted exclusive rights to Mobile Telecommunications LTD (MTC), thus giving MTC the naming rights to the league.
- FNB took a major step in getting connected to football by sponsoring several NPL clubs and also funded the Christmas Cup which was held during the 2008 festive season.
NPL still remains faithful to its impotant partners; i.e. FIFA, CAF, COSAFA, NFA, The Government, NGOs, Media Institutions, Sport Councils, the 12 premier league clubs and all football supporters at large.The NPL Administrative OfficeThe Namibia Premier League (NPL) Administrative Office is located in Windhoek West, Adlerstrasse #14 in the capital Windhoek. The NPL is a member of the Namibia Football Association (NFA).