The Namibia Football Association (NFA) is the governing body of football in Namibia. It was founded in 1990, and affiliated to FIFA and to CAF in 1992. It organizes the national football league and the national team. Our Vision To create a football culture and industry that provides entertainment and economical benefits for all; to become a dominant national association within the confederation via the professionalism of the game’s administration ; to promote education and development programmes in all aspects of the game, particularly regarding youth and women’s football; and to provide a force for cohesion in society. Our Mission
- Promoting and facilitating the development of football through sustainable structures and training initiatives;
- Engage in pro-active dialogue with the government to cultivate recognition of the game as a national asset;
- Create a mutual beneficial relationship with the corporate world.
- Create the image of being a transparent, stable and progressive organization;
- Do all it can to engage its national teams and clubs in international competitions and in doing so contribute to rise of Africa as a football powerhouse;
Mission on youth football Our mission as an Association on Youth Football is to provide the youth of Namibia regardless of race, gender or creed, the opportunity to participate in controlled football competitions. To instill good sportsmanship, value of fair play and good conduct. To promote tolerance between youth through their common interest, to encourage adults to behave in an exemplary manner when supervising youth while keeping the welfare of youth foremost and free from any adult compulsion for power and glory.
OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES
The objectives of NFA are listed in Article 2 of the Association’s Statues as being to improve, promote, regulate and control the game of football in the territory of the Republic of Namibia. In doing so the Association must use the game’s unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values, particularly trough youth and development programmes. In simple terms the objective is to contribute to healthy physical and mental development of Namibian people through engaging them in the pursuit of the popularization and development of football.
THE NFA ENGAGES IN THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF ACCOMPLISHING THESE OBJECTIVES:
- Coaching of football skills;
- Matters concerning the Laws of the Game;
- Education and registration of referees;
- Development of football groups in regional communities;
- Organizing National Championships and other football competitions;
- Selection of officials and players for Namibian National Teams;
- Foreign dispatch of teams;
- Invitation or acceptance of foreign football teams in Namibia;
- Laying down of rules and certification of amateur status of officials
- Preparing and keeping of official records with regard to football game;
- Preparing and keeping records and data of officials and players;
- Publishing of coaching materials etc,;
- Affiliating with the Namibian Sport Commission and Namibia Olympic Committee;
- Affiliating with the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) and Confederation of African Football (CAF) as the sole representative of football in Namibia; and
- Any and all other activities necessary for the achievement of the objectives of the NFA.